Instagram

Monday 27 January 2014

Pucker Up!


If there was one thing I could rescue from my house if it was burning down, it would be a red lipstick. I can't leave the house without it! All women look beautiful with it and I have done this blog post to show you a range of my collection at different prices!
Apologies for inconsistent lighting, but I have chosen flash/no flash depending on what shows the colour best!

MUA - Shade 1
To start with, the cheapest! This is by MUA and is shade 1. It is glossy to start with but throughout the day I find it sets more and has a 'matte' look. Before getting really into make up I used to wear this all the time. I love the colour as it has a rich purpley tint to it making it different from your average red. I wear this with darker clothing like blacks, greens and purples. The lipstick is quite staining to the lips making it long lasting! And the best part, it is only £1!

Mac - Ruby Woo
Now, this is a favourite with a lot of vintage and retro gals! Yes, it's the one and only Ruby Woo by Mac. I LOVE this lipstick, it is an amazing colour that really just slaps you in the face. I wear this with lighter colours like blues and pinks. To enhance the shape of my lips I use Cherry lip liner also by Mac with this lipstick. What I would suggest with this lipstick, and with all their matte finishes, is to completely remove the lipstick and re-apply when you want to touch it up. This is because it can dry your lips out and make them peel! This must need lipstick comes to a price of £15... Not too shabby!

Chanel - Incandescent
I was treated by my lovely boyfriend at Christmas to this gorgeous lipstick by Chanel, shade Incandescent. This is part of the Rouge Allure range and are described as 'luminous intense lip colour'. This has a more orangey tint to it which works amazingly with the satin finish. I also line this with Cherry and like to wear yellows, oranges and reds with this. For £25 you are paying mainly for the brand, but I think the money is so worth it as it is just so divine!


Betsy Jo

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram