Instagram

Thursday 20 February 2014

Cake Pops

Today I've been in the kitchen again making some sweety treats for you all to look at and for me to eat...
I've made cake pops a couple of times after my boyfriend bought me a cake pop maker by American Originals. 


I was raring to go and was keen to use my candy melts I recently bought. I thought this colour would be great to create some cute vintagey looking cakes.


So, after the quick baking of the cake pops I started to decorate. Using melted chocolate/candy melt is a great way to glue the stick into the cake pops. Then, by swirling my cake pops into the melted candy I could smother it all to make them blue. 

I should probably tell you where I'm going with this, basically I gave up on these and went with something different.


These were probably my best creations of the cake pops, and to be honest they didn't taste great. The candy melts are quite artificial tasting and sickly.



I cracked back open the eggs (then used the egg carton as a cake pop holder) and made some more mixture, this time rich in chocolate.




So these were my final creation. Chocolate cake pops with chocolate butter cream made with melted chocolate, sprinkled with chocolate/caramel pieces and popping candy. Look good huh? And they taste great!
 I know people love the pretty delicate look that is created with some cake pops, but frankly it is a waste of time for something that can be eaten in a second. For me, anyway.

I hope these made your mouths water!


Betsy Jo


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram