Instagram

Sunday 2 March 2014

Hair Quickies!

Hello again! I don't know about you gals, but sometimes I feel super lazy with my hair. I see all the beautiful curls and creations girls do with their hair and I just think to myself, where do they get the bloody time?! 
If you're like me, having to get up six times a week before 7am for a not so glamorous job and college. I really don't have time (or energy) to create the fabulous full on vintage inspired hair everyday.
So, I've done this post to show you how I compromise with quick do's with straight hair! Oh, and I got my roots done and wanted to show off my lovely colours.

Number 1

This is my natural hair.
Take the front of your hair and using a curling iron (mine is 19mm) roll the hair towards your face. Pin and spray. I use my favourite spray by Trevor Sorbie called "Curl Creator" (see more on my other hair tutorial).


Leave pinned hair for around 10-15 minutes to cool. I usually do my make up in this time. 
Once you have taken it out. Backcomb with a thick bristled brush to create height.
Then shape with your fingers, using the technique in picture three. Pull it down gently but still keeping height. You may need to brush underneath to smooth the curl.


Take a section of hair from the side of your head around the size of the first picture. Bring it to the top of your head and grip in place. Do this for the other side too (this will work for both middle and side partings).
Fix your front curl with a couple grips by tucking it under and gently sliding the grip in.



Alternative look with the front curl. This is great for when your hair is in an unwearable state and can easily be cute-ified up with a hair accessory!

Number 2
This look is pretty similar but with a different front.


When I usually do this style I just do it with all over straight natural hair. But, in these pictures I have brushed out the front curl I created in the other look. I think this is a much better way and advise you to do the same if you have time!
Take a larger section of the front of the hair and backcomb it all. Smooth the hair out then bring round to the side of the head and twist it slightly to the shape in picture 3 and grip!


Then, bring a small section of hair from the other side of your head and grip it so it meets your first section.
Finally, bring another small section from underneath the first and grip where the other two parts are.
Spray with hairspray!
Tah-dah!

Number 3
If all else fails I always go with the quiff. Even with my shorter front of hair it is easy to achieve and takes less than 5 minutes.

Use a large section of the front of your hair. Most of the 5 minutes is spent backcombing, but this is essential to enable you to get the right texture of
 hair to style it. Spray with hairspray whilst you're at the stage of picture number 2.


Make sure you smooth it out gently so it keeps volume but still looks neat. Pinch the tip and pull back, then push forwards against your head to get the shape of picture 2.
Slightly twist and grip!


Betsy Jo 

x


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram