Instagram

Friday 11 April 2014

Big Beautiful Brows


Yesterday, I submitted a post to Make Up Addiction on Reddit using my picture from my Purple Power post asking advice about my purple lipstick. They all seemed to love it, and a few also asked about my eyebrows!
I thought it would be a good opportunity to show you all how I do my eyebrows. It is pretty simple and I don't use any spectacular products, just a MAC eye shadow (in shade Carbon) and a Real Techniques angled brush.
The eye shadow is very, very black and I chose this to match my hair... Well half of it anyway!


Here are my natural eyebrows. Pretty thin, pretty boring! I get my eyebrows waxed every 4 weeks and don't usually ever pluck them (mainly because it makes me cry in pain). You will see at the end of the post how different I look with my eyebrows done, good eyebrows are very important.

It looks like I have excessively photo shopped my face but I think it is just the lighting! 
I dab the brush in the eye shadow, I try not to have too much on there to start with as it's better to build it up progressively to avoid them being too dark. I start off at the corner, with the longest part of the angled brush facing my nose. I then brush a line to the arch, then down from the arch to the end of my brow. Simples!


Once I have that line I just fill in the rest of the brow using short brush strokes. I like to exaggerate my arch as it gives me a better looking resting face and a less of a miserable b*tch face.
I then turn the brush round so the longer part of the angled brush is facing my forehead and pull back some of the starting hairs. This gives the brow a more natural look.
I always use a matte skin matching eye shadow under my brow too.


All done!

I'll be doing a winged eyeliner tutorial next so make sure to come back soon. Keep up to date with my posts on Facebook!

Betsy Jo


x







1 comment:

  1. Hey gurl, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my post for more info :D xx
    http://liplacquerjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award-i-was-recently-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete

Instagram