Instagram

Friday 25 April 2014

Estée Lauder Double Wear


Hello again, all! Sorry for me being a bit quiet recently, I've gone back to college this week and have been busy busy! But it's my day off today and have taken the time to show you one of my latest make-up purchases.
I have been trying out a lot of different foundations recently to find the perfect one for my very pale skin. My skin is rather dry too so I have to be careful in what I choose or else my skin will just flake off, not cool. I was after a full coverage foundation which isn't too cakey and kept my pale skin tone. I came to the decision of buying Estée Lauder Double Wear and bought it in the shade Ivory Rose.

Oh, and before we start I would like to say I have not edited these photos because it looks like I have in a few! Just a bit of good lighting.


This is my face without any foundation. Just eye make-up and brows. 


This close up shows you some redness I have to my skin. My main problem area for this is around my nose. So let's slap on the foundation and sort that out.


There we go, much better! As you can see the foundation gives a very smooth and radiant effect which also avoids a cakey look. The colour is the perfect match for my skin. Before I apply my foundation I use a day cream moisturiser by Nivea. I use an Urban Decay foundation brush to apply my foundation which I love and use a buffering technique to make sure it as all blended equally.


This is the finished product! I apply Rimmel Stay Matte powder over the foundation and then use Hoola Bronzer by Benefit to contour. The lipstick is Chili by Mac! 
I highly recommend this foundation if you are after full coverage. It comes to a cost of £28.50...ouch. BUT, I would say it is worth it. I received a tester from Debenhams which I gave to my sister and she has fallen in love too!
 Also, before this I was using Clinique Superbalanced foundation which is a medium coverage which I also loved. But the bottle was insy tinsy and lasted only a couple of months. I have faith that this will last me much longer!

Betsy Jo


x





1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I've been wanting to try this foundation for so long and now I want it even more!
    Great blog. If you could check out mine sometime that would be great!

    http://www.styleisendless.blogspot.co.uk

    Thank you :)
    Lucy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Instagram